# Drupal 8 Architecture
Combine Drupal core and contributed modules to build a Drupal website. Apply frequenlty used patterns to create the high level architecture of a Drupal website.
- [Lesson 1: Content structure and layout](lesson-1.html)
- [Lesson 2: Menus, images, search, editor friendly](lesson-2.html)
- Other: [Preparation](#/1)
General information: [opendrupal.org](https://opendrupal.org/materials/drupal-architecture).
# Prepare as participant
You need a working Drupal installation to exercise the various architectural patterns during the course.
- A (localhost) development environment.
- A Drupal site of the latest stable Drupal release, using the Standard installation profile.
These materials are designed to be used with a real live project. See the [OpenDrupal material description](https://opendrupal.org/materials/drupal-architecture) for more information.
Next: [Prepare as trainer](#/2)
# Prepare as trainer
These materials assume a project to focus on. Depending on the project, you may want to skip or modify the site buidling patterns that are included in these materials.
- See the _Preparation as participant_ for project criteria.
- Make yourself familiar with the project.
- Make yourself familiar with the contents of the slides.
If you find errors or have additions to the materials, we welcome your contribution in the form of a pull request.